Saitan and Spiti Valley Trek
We go off the grid – One of the most scenic crossover treks in the Himalayas. On one side is the lush green valley of Saitan — with forests, grasslands, and flowers blooming on the side of your trail. On the other is the almost arid, stark landscape of Spiti, with barren mountains and almost no vegetation. Standing on the top of the pass, what’s ahead and behind are two different worlds. It changes in a matter of minutes and thats the beauty of it.. walking and hiking in staying in beautiful meadows in the middle of nowhere, sleeping under the bed of stars, Trek through vertical rock walls, glossy grasslands, gurgling streams, silver waterfalls, hanging glaciers and what not !!
This is a beautiful 5 day hike, and an extremely scenic route not frequented by the hordes of tourists that nowadays flood the known trails. This route is known to local pahadis who head into the mountains for herding. The mountains come to life then, with lakes glistening in the sun, cool winds blowing on your face, green everywhere, tall trees and a river softly flowing down the majestic mountains.
Our team of local villagers would be our team along the hike. Camping beneath a bed of stars, with not a soul as far as you can see, and cool weather in the midst of the mountains along side a river. The deodars, oak, pine and birch trees are ever so refreshing – you do breathe differently! We hike further on for the next few days with stories and laughter through the day, and bonfires into the nights (whenever possible). The astonishing views of these Valleys is going to be a treat to your eyes! The hike would surely be a complete rejuvenation and will make you smile from your heart.
Well, it isn’t over yet! If possible… when back from the hike, we celebrate into the wee hours of the night with people from all over the world in old Manali… This trip is all packed in one – a simple yet beautiful trek, with a team of pahadi people and crazy me and a celebration at the end with the like minded people from all over the world – Ain’t that the most ideal!!
Cancellation upto 7 days before the start date of the trip — Get a complete cash refund (minus 5% transaction fees). The money is refunded to the same bank account, credit or debit card from where payment was made.
Cancellation during the last 6 days before the start date of the trek, and not counting the day of the trek — Full refund with 100% of the trek fee in the form of Backpackwithprat Trek Voucher. Can be used on any BPWP event/trek.
Cancellation on the start day of the trek, or no show on the start day of the trek — Unfortunately, no refund.
But in case we cancel the trip because of natural calamities (snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes, COVID guidelines changes) or unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, or government orders, we will issue a voucher for the full amount of your trek fee. You can redeem the Trek Voucher on any of our BPWP events/treks. Get in touch for any clarifications.
- Diving into the local pahadi culture
- Local food, and staying with the team in the wild
- Beautiful hike with extremely scenic views
- The drizzles and rains in the mountains
- Lush green forests, expansive meadows, gushing rivers, animals and cattle strolling, rare birds spotting and beds of flowers
- Camping under a bed of stars at night
- Team of local villagers to help us during the hike - this gives us ample opportunity to connect with them, understand the simple life, feel the innocence.
- Celebrating into the night with our participants from all over the world in a crazy backpacker hostel to wrap up the trip.
Start place and end place: Manali
- Rucksack (50-60 L)
- Day pack (20L)
- Rain coat and rain cover for your rucksack.
- Water bottle
- Trekking shoes
- Comfortable and warm clothing
- A jacket/ pullover
- Hat / cap
- Cold cream
- Headlamp or torch.
- Toilet paper and wipes
- Dry fruits (optional)
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Waterproof windcheater
- Personal medicine
- All Veg Meals from Dinner on Day 1st to Breakfast on Day 6th.
- Tented accommodations on double and triple sharing basis.
- Morning, evening tea served with light snacks while on Trek.
- The transfer cost from Manali Base Camp to trekking point – Jobra on Day 1
- The transfer cost from Chatru to Chandratal/Manali Base Camp on Day 5 or Day 6
- All fees and permits for Indians are included in the Saitan and Spiti valley Trek package.
- Safety Equipment
- Qualified and experienced support staff.
- Transport from and to Manali
- Personal expenses
- Porters can be hired for an additional charge if you are unable to carry your rucksack.