Experience the authentic Kangra life
Some of us know the famous yet calm places like Dharamshala and McLeodganj that you can find off Google. But this time, we do real crazy backpacking; like I do – planning our route as we go! We go off the grid – exploring unknown places of Kangra and Dharamkoth of Himachal Pradesh, staying in interesting places, slowing down our life, understanding the importance of mother nature, staring at starry skies and getting drenched in the rain and being lost. There is a madness and rush in taking off without plans!!
Kangra is situated in the wide range of Dhauladhar, not too far from Dharamshala.
The pine forests smell, the gushing river streams, beautiful paddy fields amidst the mountains, rare birds nestled away from the humdrum of the tourists, Kangra will start with you forever.
We meet at Dharamshala bus stand and head to the village, stay at beautiful earthy homes, walk in the green farms and forests. Staying with locals as we go, and eating food that is truly unique to their culture, and experiencing the joys of the surprises that the road brings forth is the idea of what backpacking is. We bathe in waterfalls and dive into sumptuous traditional meals while living in mud houses.
This may not be a life, but this will give you stories for life. This is the awesomest escape this summer peeps! If you love adventure and want to know about Pahadi culture, be there!
Cancellation upto 7 days before the start date of the trip — Get a complete cash refund (minus 5% transaction fees). The money is refunded to the same bank account, credit or debit card from where payment was made.
Cancellation during the last 6 days before the start date of the trek, and not counting the day of the trek — Full refund with 100% of the trek fee in the form of Backpackwithprat Trek Voucher. Can be used on any BPWP event/trek.
Cancellation on the start day of the trek, or no show on the start day of the trek — Unfortunately, no refund.
But in case we cancel the trip because of natural calamities (snowstorms, thunderstorms, floods, landslides, earthquakes, COVID guidelines changes) or unexpected political unrest, curfews, local riots, or government orders, we will issue a voucher for the full amount of your trek fee. You can redeem the Trek Voucher on any of our BPWP events/treks. Get in touch for any clarifications.
- Connect with local pahadi cultures and interesting people.
- Lush green forests, expansive meadows, gushing rivers, animals and cattle strolling, rare birds spotting and beds of flowers
- Delicious and authentic Local food, Talks and interactions with the villagers and Gaddi people.
- Scenic mountains, breathtaking sunsets, rare birds spotting
- Forest trails and hidden adventurous hikes
- Bonfires, Crazy games and beautiful talks under the stars
- No age bar… It can be done by people of any age … So bring your younger and older favourite ones along.
Start place and end place: Dharamshala
- A rucksack with rain cover
- Comfortable clothes
- Jacket or pullover
- Raincoat, umbrella
- Rainy shoes
- Cold cream
- Personal items and medicines
- Shared accommodation in interesting places
- 8 meals
- Transport from Dharamshala and back to Dharamshala.
- Activities and unforgettable experience
- Transport to and from Dharamshala
- Food not included (except 8 meals, so that you can experiment with the local food and different cuisines - it could be a story worth sharing!)
- Personal medicines
- Personal expenses